Monday 9 September 2013

That Awkward Moment


That awkward moment when someone in America has your life and they are living it so much better than you are.

Okay, so I may be exaggerating a little but we're basically twins. I don't know what fate brought her in to my life but she has kinda changed my world. Her name is Jes.

I have never met this girl, I don't even know what her voice sounds like...but I don't need to. I know what her inner voice sounds like. I know what her morals are, I know where her compass points and what her hopes and fears are. This is the power of a blog. You invite someone in to experience your life, a window in to your mind and your soul.

Reading about her (frighteningly) awesome life made me feel two things:

1) This girl is exactly where I wanted to be at our age, she is dealing with life and that makes me so much more of a failure. Someone literally has almost the same issues as me and is still kicking ass at life, I suck.

2) I can't believe that I have stumbled upon someone so freaking kick ass! This girl, unlike so many others, has the balls to own her issues, deal with her life and spin it in to something worthy. This inspirational female is exactly who I needed to find to carry on my journey of discovery, recovery and publicity.

The first thought was because I'm not even close to being out the cycle of instinctual negative thinking but the second is where I really am. Just knowing that it can be done, and done with fucking style, makes this all a little more palatable. A woman needs good role models in her life and in a world where there is an inherent lack of them, I am exceptionally glad I found her.

2 comments:

  1. Woman, thanks for the kind words:) And I want you to take your negative ones about yourself back:) We all have our cycles in life, sometimes they go up and sometimes they go down... well, you know how it is. And we're all the same that way. Good days, bad days... we have it all the same.

    What you're doing is perfect as is. If you want to change it, you can. But know you're enough:)

    Much loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove!!!

    ReplyDelete